Pages

Sunday, September 4, 2016

A Craving for Color


There are a few things in this world, that we humans cannot live without. Oxygen is one. Water is another. Love and close human contact.... definitely. But there is one other thing that this boho girl can't live without...

Color.



Ever since I was a child, I sensed that colors have deep emotional meanings. Certain colors made me feel certain ways. I change the desktop background on my computer, not according to what pictures I like, but according to what their color schemes are. Greens make me feel sleepy and safe (how I feel in nature). Blues make me feel awake and refreshed. Orange makes me feel happy and over-excited. Dark reds make me feel exotic, but bright reds get exhausting after a while. Yellow in any shade makes me angry, irritated, and annoyed. Purples make me feel calm and thoughtful. I don't like a lot of black, but touches of it make me feel strong and confident. White can be calming in conjunction with other colors, but by itself, it makes me feel numb. And grey makes me feel hopeless, defeated, and dead on the inside. I hate grey.

For years, I think I baffled my parents. Everything was "not colorful enough." Forget themes and matching shades... I want a rainbow of bright colors surrounding me all the time. If I walk into a room that's filled with vibrant colors, I immediately take a deep breath, as if to absorb the energy. Colors make me come alive in a way that's hard to describe.



Which is why, when I first discovered bohemian style, and found out that there were other people exactly like me, I almost cried. I had always liked Victorian style decorating, but detested the dark colors and austere fixtures that seemed too stiff, formal, and stuffy. But when I started looking at pictures like the one below... I laughed out loud and realized that I'd just found a piece of my soul.



And that is how this blog got started. I've been blogging for quite a while actually... about my personal life, my church involvement, and mostly my sponsored children. But this blog is a place for my hippie soul to call home. A place for peace-loving, colorful, snowflake children to laugh, and think deeply, and embrace themselves. I plan to share items out of my boho closet, some natural beauty tips, travel stories and adventures, lots of good music, spirituality, good vibes and positivity, and, of course, color... maybe even some D.I.Y. projects.

I also plan to write about my journey to embracing myself as an INFJ HSP empathic boho hippie anti-conformist with anxiety, depression, and other things that simply make me, me.



So for those of you just joining me on this journey, welcome. For those of you who are new readers, welcome. For those of you already familiar with my writings, welcome. For the hippies, the bohemians, the wanderers, the lonely, the beautiful, the seeking, the flower children, the colorful, the beatniks, the free spirits, the artists, the freaks, the loners, the oddballs, and the visionaries.... welcome. Welcome to your tribe, your village, your own personal Woodstock.

Welcome home. And let the peaceful revolution begin.



No comments:

Post a Comment